Friday, December 17, 2010

Provo Tabernacle

This morning the Tabernacle in Provo was set on fire.  I am from Provo so I obviously continued to read the story.  As I read on, I was reminded why I left that place.  "It's like one of my family members just died" according to one observer.  I can't believe some of the shit people say.  An old building burns down, and you liken it to a family member dying.  You're a fucking moron. 
Provo is an interesting place full of religious nut jobs.  Mormon theology is drilled into their head from day 1.  I am relieved I escaped that community.  I often read messages from old friends that still reside there.  They have a distorted sense of reality.  All they talk about is religion and bullshit ideals.  Get a fucking grip and understand this life has more to offer. 
Ya know its too bad the tabernacle burned down. I always appreciate older buildings, but shit happens I guess.  This tradegy will at least give the church another reason to spend more tithing money.  Maybe they can put another temple in it's place....

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog from another one where you left a comment. I have enjoyed reading it so far...

    I hated it when this story came out, especially the burnt picture of Jesus. All of the blogs I follow, most are LDS SAHM's, thought this was a sign or some sort of spiritual message. The sad thing is, there was a fire in Houston that killed a 2 year old little boy the same day the Provo tabernacle went down.

    http://www.hcnonline.com/courier/news/article_73199e44-5790-50cf-8483-0c508c426a07.html

    So... God was too busy saving face to help this little boy.

    ReplyDelete